Social Media Helping The Local Community
Ramsey Parkeston Parish Council wanted to start using Social Media to deliver relevant information to the local community in more efficient manner. They were aware of the benefits of getting involved in Social Media but were also aware of the pitfalls, as highlighted in many recent news stories, so were unsure how to proceed. Sky Blue Toffee sat down with members of the council and took them through the process of creating and managing social activity successfully and with minimum negativity. The challenges RPPC faced were:
- Local print media seeing a decline in readership
- Traditional channels of council communication no longer seeing growth
- Local community turning to online for their news and information
- Limited knowledge of how to run Social Media channels
- Reluctance to change due to negative aspects of Social Media
- Limited resources
Sky Blue Toffee put together a bespoke package that served the needs of the council and ensured that, even with limited resources, they could engage on a regular basis with the local community:
- Full presentation to council members detailing all aspects of Social Media
- Q&A with council members to address concerns raised about Social Media
- Create NEW Facebook community page
- Create NEW Twitter account
- Provide documentation covering guidelines and best practice. All recommendations and guides created specifically for RPPC
- Access to Sky Blue Toffee Social Media Dashboard, to schedule posts and tweets and make the whole process more efficient.
Ramsey Parkeston Parish Council are now regularly posting information and local interest news stories online. They are engaged in conversations with members of the local community in ways which were not previously possible. They have reached thousands of people in the local area and very quickly grown a strong online following.
Download the case study here!
If you’d like to discuss how Social Media can help you reach people in your local area contact our team today. We’re confident we can answer your questions and come up with a plan that meets your requirements. Contact us online or call 01473 845058
Latest posts by Mick Scanlon (see all)
- Sky Blue Toffee Running the Ipswich Half Marathon - September 9, 2016
- The Euro 2016 Social Media Machine Just Kicked Off - June 8, 2016
- Mobile Takes Centre Stage at the Google Performance Summit - June 1, 2016